Saturday, June 16, 2012

BEAD SOUP BLOG PARTY

OH Wow, I am very excited to join Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party! I have long admired the jewelry and the celebration that comes from this event!  Finally, I can participate, now that I have a blog. Whoohoo, that's what I am talking about!  Thank You Lori! 

I decided I would take on Lori's suggestion of writing a post about how I started creating jewelry.
It was out of need! Ha! Really, My husband and I were seriously getting rid of a big junk of debt.  We let the credit cards get too much on them! So, we were very thrifty for years until this debt was gone. Once it was gone, wow what a relief!  So, how does this pertain to making jewelry you ask?  Well, it's called Christmas.
I came across some pretty glass beads at the craft store and thought surely I can make earrings (Christmas presents) out of these! I did.  I had a pliers but my wraps were terrible! I looked at 1 of my earrings and just twisted it so the bead would stay on! I ended up with earrings...be it shabby wire working!  HA! It couldn't be too bad, because my sister says she still wears them.  I guess my wire held the bead on, amazing! 
From there, I kept my interest up and began "the bead buying".  But not on a credit card! 
I finally figured out that I needed to read the instructions on "the basics of jewelry making"!   I know...
A brilliant mind.












8 comments:

  1. They do!! I love them all :)
    I'm a new follower from the bead soup cafe! Lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you have a blog! Huzzah! I love all your earings, but my favorite is the etched and enameled combo--really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful story! I will be blogging tomorrow. Oh how I adore these earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you artists! You made my day! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Laura! Your blog looks wonderful! and congratulations to Lori Anderson for giving you the push!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your blog Laura! It looks beautiful and your jewelry is awesome! You've definitely come a long way!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love to hear from you! Laura