Monday, August 13, 2012

Thank you for being a friend

Another vacation.  This time I was by myself!  I went to Virginia to visit my dear friend Nan.
6 days without kids, well 4 whole days without the traveling.  We hit it off years ago when we met while learning how to paint with fire. This was my second trip there.

 We talked easily and talked and did I say we talked? We worked in her studio, a big, nice studio off of the kitchen where she has loads of supplies and tools.  I really think she should get more supplies and tools....Ha!
It was so nice to have the break from my everyday life.  Nan lives in a beautiful area, with breathtaking views of the mountains and countryside. Driving around her neighborhood on the country roads, its a "small town" feel but once in the downtown area you have the inflow of the busy college students from VA tech. It's a sprawling big and beautiful campus.
I could live in Blacksburg easily, but I think eventually I would miss my big city life.
Nan is a wonderful painter and artist. She currently has an Artfire site under her name of Nancy Hedges.
She has combined her painting talent with her jewelry adding collage and minature works of art you can wear on your wrist.  She also sells her work at local galleries and gift shops.
Thank you, Nan! I had a wonderful time.




1 comment:

  1. We had a great time!! Come back, Laura, I'll get more tools and supplies!Thank you girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love to hear from you! Laura